This week I:
- Spent two days in London, including my first overnight stay on business since February 2020.
- Went to the IPG Publishing Awards at the Oxo Tower.
- Had coffee with Professor Scott Moeller, who taught the mergers and acquisitions module on my MBA and gave some excellent advice on my DBA research.
- Met the team at Whitefox in person, having done a virtual strategy review for them earlier in the year.
- Had an excellent meeting with the xigxag team and dinner afterwards.
- Caught up with a former client, a prospective client, and a founder considering a publishing-related startup.
- Attended half of Cardstock before having to leave for a client call.
- Had a coffee with James McConnachie, the editor of The Author magazine, for whom I’ve just written an article on the secondhand books market in the UK.
- Continued with my Coursera studies: week 3 and 4 of Model Thinking and week 1 of Serious Gaming.