After nearly twenty five years in books and publishing, including senior executive roles in strategy, digital transformation and innovation, I now run Outside Context, a boutique consulting firm working mainly for clients in the creative, media and publishing sectors. With two employees and an extended network of specialists able to support where needed, we help organisations to develop clear, effective strategies for commercial growth and digital transformation.
Recent projects include:
- Advising UK audiobooks startup Xigxag on commercial strategy and publisher relations
- Advising leading arts communications agency Midas on the acquisition of literary agency bks
- Designing and implementing a scenario planning exercise for a media business
- Helping to articulate strategy, mission, vision and values for a creative services business
- Developing a direct-to-consumer/ecommerce strategy for a publisher
- Advising startups in the publishing, consumer, technology and financial services sectors on positioning, market sizing and pitch decks
- Consulting on publishing industry trends and developments for clients including a private equity firm, publishers and startups
To find out how we can help your organisation, please don’t hesitate to arrange a meeting through Calendly.